Kenneth Karp, MD
Kenneth O. Karp, MD
Board-Certified Eye Surgeon
Dr. Kenneth Karp is a nationally recognized, board-certified ophthalmologist who has been practicing in South Florida since 1999. He provides the full spectrum of eye care to his patients, including regularly performing LASIK and cataract surgeries.
Dr. Karp earned his medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School in 1994. He completed his ophthalmology residency training at the University of Chicago, followed by a fellowship in external diseases of the cornea and refractive surgery at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center in Chicago. He then moved to Florida to begin his career in eye care, where he was one of the first surgeons performing LASIK surgery in South Florida.
In 2003, Dr. Karp founded Miramar Eye Institute in the medical building at Memorial Hospital Miramar.
Dr. Karp currently serves as medical director of LasikPlus in Miramar, Florida, and performs all-laser LASIK at his office at Memorial Hospital Miramar. He also serves as a voluntary Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami, Florida.
Dr. Karp is among the most well-regarded refractive eye surgeons in South Florida and is proud to have earned the top ranking on Google and Yelp reviews.
Dr. Karp has published in several academic journals and has received numerous honors and recognitions, including the National Health Service Corps award for health promotion and disease prevention. Dr. Karp takes eye health very seriously – and has participated in several volunteer eye missions over the years, including in Bolivia, Peru, and Mexico. He has hospital privileges at Memorial Hospital Miramar and additional sites; see the complete list of all hospitals and surgery centers Dr. Karp is currently affiliated with.
Dr. Karp is fluent in English, Spanish, and Hebrew.
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Education & Training
- Fellowship: cornea, external disease, and refractive surgery, Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center, Chicago, IL (1999)
- Residency: ophthalmology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL (1998)
- MD: University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI (1994)
- BS: integrated premed/medical program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (1990)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- Miami Ophthalmological Society
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
- American Medical Association (AMA)